Today it was announced that the following businesses must remain closed by law:
- Bowling alleys and indoor skating rinks
- Indoor play areas including soft-play
- Nail bars and beauty salons
- Massage, tattoo and piercing parlours
- Indoor fitness and dance studios, and indoor gyms and sports venues/facilities
- Swimming pools and water parks
- Exhibition or conference centres – where they are to be used for exhibitions or conferences, other than for those who work for that venue.
No definite date has yet been announced for when beauty salons or spas can reopen in England or Scotland.